Reporting to: Head of Engineering
Salary: Subject to experience
We’re on a quest for….
A Network and Server Administrator to join our rapidly growing company.
As with most start-up environments you will need to bring not only a deep set of technical skills and willingness to take on all challenges big and small, but more importantly, a great attitude, excellent communication skills, and a craving for learning. You will be using your past experience in building a global IT infrastructure, but also be required to think outside the box in delivering new services and resources to the business.
What you’ll get up to:
Assist IT with design, development, deployment and management of our global IT network infrastructure.
Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify areas for improvement with current systems and actively work to improve the quality, reliability, and supportability of existing infrastructure.
Drive technical innovation and efficiency in corporate infrastructure via automation and proactive monitoring and performance analysis.
Develop procedures and policies for change management, service level agreements, and network security requirements.
Skills you’ll need:
- 5-10 years’ experience in managing a network infrastructure.
- Hands on experience in planning/deploying and running of a network infrastructure.
- Expertise in building/managing high availability LAN, WAN and WLAN infrastructure.
- Experienced with Configuration Management.
- Experienced with Linux Server and Windows Server Administration.
- Experienced with Hyper-V Virtualisation.
- Hands on experience with networking services such as LDAP, DNS, DHCP.
- Experience with deployment and management of open source resources and tools.
- Ability to gracefully react to high-priority requirements with little or no notice, providing clear documentation and follow-through.
- Ability to balance competing priorities and work alone or equally well within a team.
- Excellent reliability, dependability, and trustworthiness.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Great people and communication skills are a must!
- You need to be driven to solve people's problems.
- Work experience in a start-up environment
- Scripting experience (shell, bash, power scripting)
Double bonus points:
- Any working knowledge of Hadoop
Who should not apply...
Our work environment is very fast-paced and the role has a need for someone who can hit the ground running. We realise this may not be right for everyone, especially if you:
Don't like designing, implementing and troubleshooting intricate problems
Don’t like to play with the latest technologies and weighing up their benefit to our business
Are not eager to learn new processes or technology necessary to achieve goals
We are looking for self-motivated ‘team players’ that love technology and being part of the exciting, dynamically changing environment. If you’re bright, creative and ambitious, apply now for immediate consideration.
How to apply
Please attach an up-to-date CV in Word or PDF format, along with a covering letter to: email@example.com
We’d love to see an example of your best work too – please send us a portfolio of work or public links to live applications.Apply Now